New banner and Criminal Minds! :)

I have to thank my sister Ivy for the AWESOME David Rossi banner now gracing the top of this blog!

As you can guess, I'm a Criminal Minds fan. Not totally obsessed, but very, very close.

And yes, Rossi is my favorite character.

And yes, that's largely due to the fact he's played by Joe Mantegna.


The Criminal Minds Cast
Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan, Kirsten Vangsness as Penelope Garcia, Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss, Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner, Joe Mantegna as David Rossi, AJ Cook as Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Matthew Gray Gubler as Spencer Reid.
I like this show for a lot of reasons. One is the chemistry between the characters and how they've changed and grown over the years. Every character has gone through some horrific tragedy in their life, very similar to many of the criminals they hunt. Yet, over and over, they emphasize that while evil is inherent in all people, and sometimes environment plays a role in the making of a killer or in forming the criminal's mind, it's always a choice to act on those ideas and thoughts. I also like it because I've always had an interest in criminology ever since I was a kid. The show is set in Quantico, VA, which is just a couple hours from where I live, so they often refer to places I've been, which is neat. Some of the cases are based on real-life cases and a few took place where I live. I remember watching one episode that was set in Newport News and realized very quickly that it was based on a serial killer that was killing when I was a child. That one quite literally hit close to home!

The cast has gone through a few changes over the years but some of the characters have been with the show for the entire 10 year run. The seven in the picture above are considered the core cast. I'm thinking about doing a character synopsis of the cast members, starting all the way back in Season One...sounds like a weekend project to me!

Comments

  1. Quantico, VA, is about 10 minutes from where I live. I didn't know this was based there! I really like mystery-solving shows, so I'll have to try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nominated you for Ten Favorite Screen Characters tag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just a few rules if you're going to post something:

Be polite. Rudeness doesn't do anyone any good.

Don't be mean or derogatory, even if you don't like something I post. It is my blog after all.

Popular posts from this blog

"Much Ado About Nothing"

Thornton, Thorin, and the flawed hero

Movie Synopsis: The Hollow Crown