Beautiful Blog Award



Hamlette at Hamlett's Soliloquy has nominated me for The Beautiful Blog Award! How sweet of her!
Here are my answers to her questions:

What's the first movie you can remember seeing?
Honey I Shrunk The Kids (Wow, I am so old!)

What's your favorite fruit?
Raspberries

What's your least-favorite kind of pie?
I love pie of all kind, but if I had to skip one it would probably be rhubarb.

If you could be any superhero(ine) for a day, who would you like to be?
Thor. I'm part Scandinavian and he just rocks. :)

What was your favorite picture book when you were a child?
"Bonnie's Big Day" by James Herriot


What was the last board/card game you played?
Uno

Do you prefer feather pillows or foam?
Usually foam, but feathers are so nice..

What are three of your favorite blogs?
Revealed in Time
Hamlette's Soliloquy
Classic Ramblings

All right, so I have a few nominees for the award myself:

Ivy at Revealed in Time (She taught me everything about blogging)
Miss Jane Bennet at Classic Ramblings
Birdie at Lady of the Manor

My questions for you:

~What was your most memorable gift?
~If you could meet one famous author, who would it be?
~What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
~What is one holiday tradition that is unique to your family?
~How do you drink your coffee or tea?
~If you could witness any historical event, what would it be?
~What is your ideal way to spend a free afternoon?



Comments

  1. I just read a bunch of James Herriot stories to my kids in the car on our vacation! We didn't make it to "Bonny's Big Day," though.

    Mmmmm. Thor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go for Loki in the movies, but you asked for a superhero, so Thor it was!

      Delete
    2. Even better! Then Thor can remain mine, all mine :-D

      Delete
  2. Heidi, thank you so much for nominating me! I just recently posted about another award on my blog and only made one other post since (bad me...), so I'm not going to post this one there. But I'll answer the questions here:
    1. I got a lovely Tiffany lamp from my mother a few years back
    2. Tolkien, I would love to 'pick his brain' ;-)
    3. Difficult, especially since we have a wonderful ice-cream shop in my town. But I love yoghurt ice-cream with fruit, like yoghurt-mango or yoghurt-blueberry
    4. We didn't often go on holiday when I was a child, because my father worked in agriculture, so summers were really busy times for him. But we actually every year found a day to go to the zoo!
    5. I drink my tea 'black' (or green...), except when I'm in England, then I drink it with milk! (The tea in The Netherlands is just not as strong, so tea with milk doesn't taste that well here)
    6. I could easily think of ten, but I'll got with VE day this time
    7. Reading or visiting a museum

    By the way, I love James Herriot, but apparently I don't know enough about him, I didn't know he also wrote picture books, but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your answers! I agree about Tolkien, his works are amazing! We have a yogurt ice-cream shop in our town as well and spend far too much time (and money) there!

      The Herriot picture books were some of his most popular stories taken and put in storybook form. My parents read us the regular books and later found us the picture books. I still have them over 20 years later. :)

      By the way, I LOVE your blog...it's so pretty and fun to read!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the compliment *blushes*. I keep telling myself I should write more on there and I have lots of ideas for reviews and other posts, but the day only has 24 hours as you know *sigh*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just a few rules if you're going to post something:

Be polite. Rudeness doesn't do anyone any good.

Don't be mean or derogatory, even if you don't like something I post. It is my blog after all.

Popular posts from this blog

"Much Ado About Nothing"

Thornton, Thorin, and the flawed hero

Movie Synopsis: The Hollow Crown