70/20

70 degrees, sun shining, windows open, breeze blowing...that was the weather yesterday.

20 degrees, gray skies, house closed up, heat blasting...that's the weather today.

It has been a cold winter this year in Southeastern Virginia with snow, biting wind, and record cold temperatures. And I'm over it! The cold and I have a very terse relationship to begin with and right now it has greatly overstayed its short welcome. Maybe it's because I tend to get sick when it's cold or maybe it's genetic. My parents hail from The Great White North (South Dakota/Minnesota) where they remember snowfall in every month of the year. No kidding, my dad said he remembers when it snowed on the 4th of July one year. Yeah, that's too cold for me. Hence why I like Virginia. Snow is a rarity most years, but this year Mother Nature decided to make an exception.


This is not a picture of snow on our deck. It's ice. Sleet to be specific. It's been sleeting all day and now it's starting the get packed down into solid ice. At least I didn't have to teach today...I would not have wanted to see what the roads are like. So I cozied up with some coffee, cocoa, and tea (not all at the same time), read a little and helped my mom in the soap shop. (She's a handcrafted soap maker...I'll post more about that later)


The sleet did make for some nice pictures though. That's not our house, it's the house across the street. I didn't dare walk out into the icy yard. I'm a klutz to begin with and I don't need any help falling. So, overall it's been a nice, but cold day off. I may start my next post soon - a synopsis/review of Kenneth Branagh's "Much Ado About Nothing" per the request of my sister Ivy. Time to find some pictures! 

Comments

  1. Yup, it snowed here too -- we got about 3 1/2 inches, enough for my hubby to have the day off work, my kids to have lots of fun outside, and the neighborhood young men to make a little spending money by shoveling driveways. We didn't get ice, though, for which I'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got the call...no school tomorrow! Yeah! Oh, thank you for nominating me for the Sunflower Award, I just completed my post and nominated you too!

      Delete
    2. Sweet! My hubby just has a two-hour delay, but that does mean he gets to sleep in until 7, so lucky him :-) Enjoy your day off!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just a few rules if you're going to post something:

Be polite. Rudeness doesn't do anyone any good.

Don't be mean or derogatory, even if you don't like something I post. It is my blog after all.

Popular posts from this blog

"Much Ado About Nothing"

Thornton, Thorin, and the flawed hero

Movie Synopsis: The Hollow Crown