First post!

Well, this is new and different for me!

I'm not much of a journaling/writing/type my thoughts out person, but this looked sort of fun. Sometimes a person just needs a place to be able to put down their random thoughts, ideas, and whatever else is floating through their brain. My sister has had a blog for quite a while and I read hers daily, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. This will probably be a place for random musings, picture postings, movie and tv reviews, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

(If you want to read something much better written and much funnier, check out my sister Ivy's blog Revealed in Time. She does movie and tv reviews, posts about holidays, and comes up with some of the most amazing pictures ever. The movie reviews are the best part though.  They are pithy, honest and hilarious. Read her review on "Thor". I dare you not to laugh when you get to the part about Odin.)

By way of introduction:

I am the second of ten children (5 girls, 4 boys, 1 foster brother).

I was born in California but moved to Southeastern Virginia when I was 2 1/2. I have always considered Virginia my home.

I was homeschooled all my life (and loved every minute of it). My first day in a classroom was my first day of college.

I teach five different grades of science at a small Christian school.

I live in the country, three miles from the Virginia - North Carolina border, so you may see a lot of pictures from around here.

Ivy picked out the name for my blog, "The Far Side of Forever".  I'll explain where the name came from later. :)

Enjoy your weekend...I know I will!




Comments

  1. So nice to "meet" you! I was homeschooled K-12 too, and am now homeschooling my 2-, 4-, and 6-year-olds.

    We live in NOVA right now, but my parents live in western NC -- they moved there when I was 12, and I consider it my home. We spent several vacations and mini-breaks out on the VA, NC, and SC coasts over the years, so I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of where you live! It is lovely. Prettier than right here, where it's all just roads and buildings and too many people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just a few rules if you're going to post something:

Be polite. Rudeness doesn't do anyone any good.

Don't be mean or derogatory, even if you don't like something I post. It is my blog after all.

Popular posts from this blog

"Much Ado About Nothing"

Thornton, Thorin, and the flawed hero

Movie Synopsis: The Hollow Crown